Thursday, January 2, 2014

Hand Me a Dust Cloth

Good morning all.  I have been checking out Pinterest this morning.  I am going to lay it on straight right here and now................TERRACOTTA POTS ARE NEVER GOING TO LOOK GOOD PLACED IN RUSTED BED SPRING COILS.  NEVER, NEVER, NEVER.  Just because you found some coils underneath the garage you are tearing down doesn't automatically make them an item you should use for decoration.  PERIOD.  Wow, I needed to get that off my chest.  I love Pinterest for interesting ideas or tips, and even love the old rusted architectural details that a lot of the bloggers use; however, some of these need the helping hand of an actual decorator before actually being pinned on Pinterest.  Everyone to their own taste I guess.  By the way, I AM NOT the decorator police.  My opinion means nothing so go ahead and do your thing.   

Speaking of taste, I am one of those people who embrace new styles just as they are going out of style.  I was in on the end of the shag rug era.........therefore, I was left with the ugly shag rug long after it went out of style.  I embraced darker wall covers just as lighter walls became the rage.  Just yesterday I read where lighter cabinets and lighter flooring are changing over to darker, wood stained colors.  And........I am holding my breath in protest..........granite countertops are going by the wayside in lieu of less maintenance options.  What's next, stained woodwork?  Carpet instead of wood flooring?

So I hang my head in shame remembering the old shag carpet and I don't want to repaint my dark bedroom a lighter color.  That would give me NO excuse to sleep late.  My newly decorated kitchen will remain.  I doubt the hubby would embrace the notion of redoing it again.  And my granite countertops.............NEVER.  PERIOD.  NEVER.  I may take a little longer, however, making the decision to paint my stained woodwork.  Carpet...........I guess we are married for life.

That's enough of me yammering this morning.  I have things to do, like maintaining my granite countertops.  It's a labor of love.  Hand me a dust cloth.

I love you. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive