Monday, January 27, 2014

Stay Warm

Hello everybody.  What a cold day it has been and a cold night is settling in.  It is a cold 17 degrees out there right now with a strong wind and a possibility of a dusting of snow tomorrow morning.  .............and would you believe that tomorrow I am going to the doctor with my daughter, the only day this week I have something planned..............and I wouldn't have it any other way............except maybe no snow, no ice. 


Tonight I have settled down to look at the Talbot's and Cold Water Creek catalogs which came today, wishing and dreaming.....not unlike looking at Pinterest except I cannot enlarge the photos in the catalog and, when one is of a certain age, that can be a great tool.  Pinto beans are in the crockpot for tomorrow night's supper.............., the dog is asleep in his bed, and all is right with the world.


Isn't it nice that on the cold, bitterly cold, winter nights, we have a tight, warm home?  Isn't it nice that we have food, even if it is pinto beans?  Isn't it nice that we can run a warm, even hot bath?  I take so many things for granted.  God's blessings are great.


My Aunt Geneva told me a while back (and I have written about this before) that her cousin was born on a cold snowy night.  Grandma told her that on that cold night, the snow was blowing through the cracks of the walls and piling up on the covers.  Can you imagine the snow blowing in the house?  Now imagine snow accumulating on the covers while giving birth.  Yes, we are blessed.  Stay warm!


I love you.  Stay warm. 
















   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive