Saturday, March 8, 2014

I Might be Starving to Death

There's a good chance I might be starving to death.  Just thought you should know that.  Maybe not actually starving to death, but I sure am hungry.  That egg sandwich for lunch is only going to last so long before my stomach starts growling like a lion.


Of course food is always on my mind especially when I am hungry.  The hubby and I were driving across Oklahoma City this morning and we started discussing (our best discussions come when we are driving--captivated audience) all the great restaurants that have come and gone.  Wouldn't you like to have:


Der Dutchman's hush puppies and peel and eat shrimp they served on Monday's.


Casa Bonita's buffet with the little flag.


Tony's Via Roma's lasagna and veal parmigiana............and ooh their appetizers, especially the fried eggplant, fried ravioli, and fried zucchini. 


Glenn's Hickory Inn - EVERYTHING!  I will start with a fillet mignon, a lobster tail, and sautéed chicken livers...........their house dressing.  As they seated you, they'd bring a small tray of celery, carrots, and olives.


Underwood's barbeque beef sandwich with their sauce.


Lum's ham sandwich.


Girlie Pancake House's breakfast.


Kip's Big Boy Special, a salad, fries, and their three-bun burger with thousand island dressing.


Sirloin Stockade's (circa 1968) sirloin steak.


El Chico's (in Shephard Mall) nachos.


The Captain's Table view and lobster.


Shaky's Pizza - the fun.


Godfather's pizza.


Zamudio's cheese enchiladas with chili.


Chez Vernon - the best OKC had to offer.


Rose's in Midwest City - the best rolls in town.


Piccadilly's gumbo.


Across the Street's Spaghetti Red.


Dairy Mart's fried apricot pies on Thursday.


Dairy Boat's Frito chili pies in a bag.  And lime ice!!!!!!!!!!!!


What I wouldn't give to have these restaurants back for one more meal of some of my favorite dishes.  And wouldn't I just love to experience the very first Mexican food I ever tasted; right down town next to the Civic Center, El Charito's.  They actually had the best hot corn tortillas on earth.  Spread a little butter, let it melt, add a little salsa and salt.  I want that right now!


I have to find something to eat.  I might be starving to death!


I love you.

 (Next week, I will write a little story about each of these restaurant experiences.)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive