Saturday, March 1, 2014

It was Never About the Cheese

Hi everyone.  I hope you are having fun on this Saturday night, and I hope you are prepared for another round of winter weather tomorrow.  Hey, is it me, or do the rest of you wish that this winter would leave?  I don't want to wear my heavy coat, or any coat for that matter, anymore.


We were at Target yesterday where I saw some Swiss cheese in the refrigerated case and I had one of those moments......transported back in time.  When I was a child, we shopped for groceries at the Humpty Dumpty in Shawnee.  I remember my dad buying a package of white sliced cheese and I am most definitely sure it was NOT Swiss.  Maybe it was white American cheese.  As Daddy loaded the groceries in the car, he grabbed that package of white cheese.  He opened it and we all got a slice.  It was the best cheese I had ever tasted and probably will remain the best cheese I ever taste. 


I have told this little story to my hubby many times.  I have looked for white cheese many times and bought quite a few packages hoping it would be the same as I had that day.  None has ever measured up, nor will they ever.  It was the time, the place, the people, and the memory.......never to be replicated.  It was never about the cheese.

I love you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive