Thursday, February 27, 2014

Experimental Thursday

Good morning friends.


Another cold day in Oklahoma.  When will this winter end?  We have sunshine, but at 23 degrees it is just a little too cold to get excited about spring.  I want to wear white jeans..............too cold today..........and if I obey my mom's advice, I won't be wearing them until after Memorial Day.


So, it will be Experimental Thursday at my house; too cold to be outside and I am certainly not in a cleaning mood.  I went grocery shopping on Monday and brought home $400 worth of food.  I bought more produce on Monday than I ever remember buying at one time so the refrigerator is full. 


So, I will be making and experimenting on, but not limited to the following:


another chicken recipe for my son-in-law, basically a hot wing only using breast meat and brown sugar.


guacamole since I have 4 in the refrigerator.


lettuce salad since I have a head of iceburg (because I always have to have iceburg lettuce), green leaf lettuce (because Crest had it at 68 cents a head), and a 2 pound bag of romaine; not to mention bok choy, cabbage, 2 pound bags of spinach, broccoli slaw, 1 1/2 pounds mushrooms, 4 pounds of tomatoes, and various other salad ingredients.


asparagus because I bought 4 pounds......


....................I must have been nuts to get this much produce at one time..................  I have two refrigerators and they are both overflowing.  I am off to the kitchen to see how I can best use the ingredients. 


Come on over and I'll make you a salad and some hot wings.


That's all the news I have from the Tucker house today.  I'll get my mojo back one of these days.


I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive