Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day 2014

Good Sunny Morning Everyone and Happy Valentine's Day.


Gosh, without it even being Valentine's Day, it is a great day!  If you live in Oklahoma this winter, you have been pining away waiting on a day like this.  OK, so it is a little windy, but hey, you live in Oklahoma.  We are used to wind........and snow..........and ice........and sleet.......and lightening.........and fires.........and lots of earthquakes.........and even lots of tornadoes........and sometimes a little teeny bit of rain, and WIND!!  Other than rain, wind is probably the most desirable of all those. 


Well.....it's Valentine's Day.  I guess I am repeating myself, but it is Valentine's Day.  Nothing special going on at my house other than a trip out to find fabric to recover a chair and maybe even a fabric for my dining chairs, otherwise known as the chairs to the kitchen table that we can't seem to get rid of after 36 years. 


So Happy Valentine's Day everyone.  Hope it is a special day for you.


I love you.


Just a little bitty memory:  Remember all those little Valentine's banquets we used to have at our little country church?  As a preteen, that banquet was what I waited for all year because that might be the year that someone special would go with me.  Not that any of us ever had a boy to set beside us, but we sure dreamed about one.  Oh, what wonderful memories that our church and our mothers gave to us.  They would decorate with white table clothes and red heart doilies, flowers, paper cupids, flowery decorations, even place cards.  One year, they fixed a tomato aspic for an appetizer.....not that any of us even tasted it, but it was the thought, right, and it was red.  They treated us like we were grown-ups, serving us in courses, serving from the left and clearing from the right, refilling our tea glasses, the table setting was perfect.  There is never, ever, ever a Valentine's Day that I don't have those sweet memories come to my mind.  Happy Valentine's Day 1961!  I'm going to look up a tomato aspic recipe right now.            

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive