Monday, February 10, 2014

We'd Have Roast Beef

It is getting bigger all the time........it all started today, 66 years ago.  Yes, our family began 66 years ago today.  Happy Anniversary to my family, for now we celebrate our beginning since we cannot celebrate with Mom and Dad.  Our parents didn't know when they eloped to Gainesville, TX, that their home would soon be filled with happy little children.  Certainly they didn't know there would be a collection of 5 of those happy little children.  They didn't know that those 5 children would produce them 8 grandchildren.  They couldn't even fathom on the day of their beginning that there would be 14 great grandchildren to their lineage.  Soon there will be 15............and, of course, there are all the other family members who are not related by blood, but my love. 


Today I fixed one of my mom's 'go to' meals.  Pot roast.  I fixed a pot roast, gravy, mashed potatoes, and sautéed brussel sprouts.  Before you get on my case, I don't think my mother EVER fixed brussel sprouts, EVER!  But the roast beef...........wow, that woman could make a great pot roast.  I think her roasts were so good because she usually fixed two large roasts at once.  The house smelled wonderful all day long.  What a wonderful memory.........   


So in honor of this special day in my family's life, I am sending Happy Anniversary wishes to my family.  I wish we had another party in Mom and Dad's honor.............we'd have roast beef.


I love you.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive