Friday, February 7, 2014

Just Give Me Some Heat

It's a balmy 21 degrees out there right now.  I want summer.  I NEED summer.  I am tired of the day's high only being in the teens.  I am ready for hot summer days.  I long for hot summer nights.




Yes, give me hot sand between my toes............swimming pools with tepid water...........fireflies..........
white beaches at the ocean..............walking barefooted............tomatoes.............the smell of freshly mowed grass..............lemonade.............snow cones..............concerts in the park.............trips to the farmers market.............fishing............going to the lake...........camping...........sun tans............pink lipstick.............shorts..............sandals.............alfresco dining...........painted toenails..................okra...............fresh corn on the cob..............vacations..............wading in the creek..............open windows..............barbecues...........Diet Cokes with Lime..............trips to Sonic.........short haircuts.............drive-in movies.............Windexing (bet you didn't know what was a verb, huh?) without it freezing to my outside windows...........convertibles..............watching my boys play in the sprinklers.............school out.............hammocks............picnics............basil.............some more basil............some bruschetta............Caprese Salad................and heat.  Just give me some heat!




Winter, I am so over you.  Just give me some heat!




I love you.  Have a great Friday and turn up the heat!!! 

2 comments:

  1. I finally can comment. I'm ready for summer too. Ready to out little miss in some summer dresses!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems too cold to buy little summer rompers, but the weatherman is forecasting 65 on Friday!

      Delete

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive