Tuesday, February 4, 2014

More

Good morning all.  It is almost noon here in Oklahoma.  Time for a little bite to eat and I do mean a little bite.  This morning I hit an all time high on the old scales!  I don't know what happened.  Could it be the White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies?  Could it be the tamales?  Could it be the guacamole?  Could it be the White Cheese Dip?  Maybe it was that one lone carrot I ate yesterday.  Yeah, that is it!  At any rate, I will be eating fruit for lunch today.


Even though I have told you about my weight, I am going to get better.  You see I have a new magazine coming, More.  I took this magazine a few years back so when I got this two-year offer for $15 I thought I would try it again, besides I am getting More.


Just by the brochures with the offer, I know I will get More.


I know I will stay young with Yoga.


I know that guavas are a source of potassium which will keep my blood pressure in check.....since it is always below average, I might not want to eat guavas.


I know that getting caught in a style rut will make me look old.  Hmmmm, is that all it is?!?  Hold on to my wallet, I am going shopping!


I know that I don't need Botox.  I need a cold probe.  (Stop laughing.  Some people have thought that for years.)  You literally freeze the nerves.  Don't worry, the nerve ending will gradually grow back.  Yeah, let's hope so!


I know that Retin-A cream is the gold standard when it comes to combating sun damage, fine lines, sagging - and large pores.  You notice they didn't mention large line and craters.  Goodness knows, I need to combat those fine lines (that are inside the craters)!!!!!


I need to wear color so it will brighten my face.  Since I cannot turn back the hands of time, I should do this.  I am thinking lime green.


I know that just by removing all my makeup from my face before bedtime every night and moisturizing my eyelids, the aging of my eyelids MAY NOT be so obvious.  Notice they didn't use the words WILL.  Notice also that they used the words "so obvious".  Yeah I am thinking there isn't anything that's going help this area of my body. 


Yep, this magazine says I deserve More inspiration, More substance, More style.  In just a few short months, I expect to be a More me.  I expect that Chico's will be seeking me out for their fashion magazine.  I will probably run for Congress.  I will probably be crafting so expect to see me at the next art show with my vases made from cream corn cans. 


If you think all this sounds like I work for More you'd be correct.  I have been hired as their new Editor in Chief.  Yea for me!!


I love you.


P.S.  The first paragraph of their "come on" letter reads "Throughout your life, you can count on a few special girlfriends who really get you.  All of you.  Your silly side and your serious side...your fashion-conscious side and your practical side.  Your curious, romantic, confident, and shy sides."


That paragraph really resonated with me.  No, it didn't inspire me to buy the magazine, but it did make me stop and think.  I hope we all have someone who gets us.  If you see the humor in this post, you get me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive