Thursday, February 20, 2014

Don't Go to Cheap

I have a black ceramic range top which gets terribly dirty.  It could be because I have a tendency to cook at too high temperature.  It could also be because I am just a messy cook.  When it comes to clean-up time for the range, I cringe.  I put it off..............another time.  You have to wait until it cools down and by that time I have the kitchen cleaned and have adjourned to the living room...........so I don't clean it all that often.  It gets a quick rub down and a promise of another day.


Well, that promise had to be fulfilled today.  There was no putting it off.  So I grabbed the Wright's Range Top Cleaner and my little red scrubbing pad specifically made for range tops.  I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed.  Most of it came off without much work, but there were a few tiny, tiny specks that just wouldn't budge.  Then it occurred to me that I have a new pad.  Maybe it would work better if I used a new pad!  I pulled it out and went to work.  Within 5 stokes with that new pad, those tiny, tiny specks came off.


About that time, the hubby came through the kitchen so I told him of my breakthrough with the new pad.  He grinned at me and said, "Don't go too cheap."  I had been using that old pad for the last year, spending many minutes of HARD labor on that range top.  Once the fibers wear down enough to read the paper through it, it might be time for a new pad.  Don't go too cheap!


I feel so blessed that  now we "don't have to go too cheap."  We don't have to reuse the old stuff over and over.  We don't have to "get by".  We can afford to spend for the little extras on things that make our life more pleasant and a little easier. 


Don't go too cheap, Regina.     


I love you.


For 13 years I was a stay at home mom.  There were times when we lived from paycheck to paycheck.  We got by and sometimes we got by because we went cheap.  There is nothing wrong with that.  There is nothing wrong with squeezing out the last dab of toothpaste, there is nothing wrong with scrapping off the butter from the wrapper...it might just be enough for that slice of toast.  There is nothing wrong with serving sausage gravy the night before payday.  There is nothing wrong with saving tinsel from the Christmas tree.  All that and more is why today we no longer have to go too cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive