Saturday, February 22, 2014

Just Another Saturday Morning With the Tuckers

Just another Saturday morning with the Tuckers.


The hubby came in from getting the morning paper and asked me if I had seen the mound under the dryer vent.  He seemed rather perplexed.  "Let me get my glasses", I said. 


"What in the world?" I asked.


"I have no idea," he said.  "I'm going to get my machete."


"Do you want me to get the hoe?"  I explained that I could whack it as it ran out, just in case he missed it.  I continue, "I think you need to put the dog inside.  We don't know what kind of creature is in that mound and we sure don't want Stormy to go after something that might bite him."


So after we put the dog in the house, after we armed ourselves with machete and hoe, we approach that unusual mound with some trepidation.  What was in there?  "It is too small a mound for a skunk," he says which is a relief to me! 


We had no idea what we were going to find.  A rat, maybe?  So with my hoe at the ready and the hubby with his machete, we are ready for battle!  The hubby slowly starts tapping the soil.  He pushes a little dirt away, a little more, and suddenly he uncovers a foot-long branch.  What in the world?  There is an animal big enough to pull that log over him?????  This is getting very scary, my hearts thumps a little harder.  I am now expecting something to run right for me.  I have visions of a flying squirrel jumping up to my chest and attacking my face.  Then the hubby begins to laugh.  "That isn't a branch, that's Stormy's bone.  I bought him this bone last week and he's buried it", he chuckles.  We were all prepared to make sure that creature was bashed, blood and guts flying, and it was a BONE!     


We let the dog back out and giggled as we put our weapons away and talked about our brush with a dangerous creature.  Walking back to the house, we notice the dog had almost gotten that bone reburied right in the same spot.  Little did he know how close his bone came to being hacked to death.


Just another Saturday morning with the Tuckers.


I love you.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive