Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Another School Year


Spring Break 2011 043

Well, it started.  Another school year - 2014-2015.  That alone boggles my mind.  How in the world did it get to 2014?  Gosh, I remember thinking about the 2000s and not really comprehending the idea of another century.  But that was in the 1960s and one day I closed my eyes, the next day I woke up and it was December 31, 1999 and we were staying up to see the year 2000. 


But I digress.  School has started and my two grandsons have started in new school due to changing school boundaries.  I cannot tell you how proud of them I am.  All my worries for the last 3 months were unfounded.  Up until last week, their mom had planned on getting transfer letters for them to remain at the old school.  After getting the letters, mom took them on a tour of the school just in case their transfer request was rejected.  It didn't take them but a few moments to both decide the "new" school might be fun.  So.............back they went to take back the transfer letters and at that moment I knew my boys were going to be ok.  It was their decision and I believe it will be the right one for them.


Blaine loves his new school and his new teacher.  His homeroom teacher and his wife were missionaries in Africa at one point so I know the stories this man will tell will be right down Blaine's alley.  Logan..........well we will wait and see, but he did tell his mom that his teacher might be nice because she told all the other kids that they needed to look at Logan and do what he was doing.  He is always quite proud when someone brags on him. 


So………onward and upward to a good school year.    I love you boys.  You are still the age you were in this picture to me, not 10 and not 7.  Very, very proud of you.  Your nana wasn’t as brave as you.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive