Monday, August 25, 2014

Just a Little Nibble

Just a little nibble.........


I am craving chocolate and not chocolate chips as the hubby tried to pawn off to me just now, but real chocolate candy.  I am not a crazy chocolate lover, but every once in a while nothing will do but a bite of chocolate.  Tonight's the time........just a little nibble of Mrs. See's chocolates.  I want a whole box of Mrs. See's chocolates..............a whole box of assorted candies with nuts, preferably, to pick and choose the perfect flavor. 


Full disclosure:  I have been known to discretely sample my chocolates for just a little nibble and then put them back in the box to share with the hubby......if I don't like them, that is!  Hubby is not real crazy of me sharing my chocolates once they have been nibbled on.  So.........one Christmas, Pam B. gave me the neatest gift.............a chocolate sampler device, kind of like a tiny spoon/fork/knife combined.  Now I can sample my chocolates without even touching them and even more discrete than ever before.


My daughter often tells the story of when my mom was in the hospital and I came in her room eating a cookie.  Mom had been forbidden from eating anything that morning and there I was eating a cookie right in front of her.  Mom said in her tiny voice, "Just a little nibble?"  Tonight, Mom, I just want just a little nibble -- of chocolate.  ............and Mom, I am sorry for eating that cookie in front of you.


I love you!!


I did not get my chocolate tonight and that's ok, but my icy Coke Zero is good, but doesn't taste one bit like chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive