Friday, August 22, 2014

Audrey's Prayer

Audrey and boys 4.5 months 003

 

When I blog, I usually wait till the end of the post to decide what the subject will be.  Today, however, I knew what the subject would be even before I opened the computer. 


Today I held my little sleeping beauty during her two hour nap observing her every detail.  I could not get enough of her sweetness.  How tiny her hands still are even though she is now 5 months old; soft pale skin.  Those beautiful little dimples on the back of her hands.  How long her eyelashes are.  How her mouth forms a perfect little O while she sleeps and how her mouth purses when I bend to kiss those sweet little baby lips.  The smell of her baby breath escaping from that tiny mouth.  The curls of her dark brown hair as she perspires against my arm.  The flutter of her eyes as she fights to wake but just can't give up the comfort of her Nana’s bosom just a few more minutes of dreamless sleep. 


As I held her and observed her, I began to think about her life and what she was about to begin.  There is so much hope I have for her.  One of these days, I hope she reads this...........when she is old enough to comprehend. 


Audrey's Prayer
 
Father, I pray for my little Audrey, so precious in our sight, but,
more importantly, so precious in Your Sight.  I pray that she will be a
Godly woman, a kind and compassionate woman. 
I pray that she leads a life full of grace, and that she have
a naturally sweet spirit.
I pray that she will be strong, not to boast, and proud, but with humility.
Father, protect her, keep her safe.
 
Amen
 
I love you!!!
 
The next post I will have Nana’s advice for Miss Audrey, some might even be a bit silly.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive