Thursday, July 2, 2015

Chuck’s Chocolate Ice Cream

I made the following ice cream many, many moons ago and my brother-in-law loved it and he has mentioned it at least once a year ever since.  My hubby and I didn’t care much for it, but as a surprise for Chuck, I made it this morning and will take it to him tomorrow.  Sssh!  It’s a surprise!  I wonder if he will like it as much tomorrow as he did years ago.    

I’m channeling the PW and posting pictures and instructions below just in case Chuck wants to make this himself.  Pretty simple.

Chocolate Ice Cream 016

3 ingredients:

1 can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk

2/3 cup Hershey’s Syrup

2  cups Heavy Whipping Cream (Whipped)

Chocolate Ice Cream 014

Whip the cream till stiff peaks form.  Don’t over beat, Chuck, or you will have butter.  Remember that discussion?  Set aside.

Chocolate Ice Cream 012

In another bowl, pour in the chocolate syrup and the sweetened condensed milk.

Chocolate Ice Cream 017

Stir until well blended and looks like this.  Almost caramel colored.

Chocolate Ice Cream 018

Now add the whipped cream.

Chocolate Ice Cream 019

Fold the cream into the chocolate mixture.  This is a slow process where you cut through the cream with your spatula and gently lift the chocolate to the top.  You do NOT want to rush this process or your whipped cream will loose its airiness.   (Don’t worry, this is the hardest part of the recipe.)

Chocolate Ice Cream 020

Keep folding and you think this might be done, but it is not!

Chocolate Ice Cream 021

See, I told you.  Look at that ribbon of chocolate.  Keep folding until it looks likeChocolate Ice Cream 022

THIS!!!  VIOLA!!!

I guess you noticed, I poured the folded mixture into a foil-lined loaf pan and will freeze for at least 6 hours. 

Chocolate Ice Cream 015

And here is the recipe cut from a magazine many, many moons ago.

I think I will rename it Chuck’s Chocolate Ice Cream.

See, Chuck, even YOU can do this!

 

Happy Fourth of July, Everyone

 

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive