Tuesday, July 14, 2015

A Little Nap Never Hurts

Good afternoon everybody.  What a week it has been so far.  Exhausted -- I can't begin to tell you how much.  Not much sleep the last few days because of family sickness and life's issues. 


Yesterday, I went for some ultrasounds on my heart and my neck arteries to make sure nothing was going on that might be cause for mini-strokes.  Blood clots could be cause of my ocular migraines.  I know I am fine and when the doctor sent me for these tests I felt that it was overkill, that I am fine.  Nonetheless I went.  The tests took 2 hours and when you are there in the darkened room that long and looking at the ultrasound screen, it began to take a toll on me.  Is there actually something wrong with me?  Can I possibly be having mini-strokes at my age?  They didn't tell me they were going to inject saline.  Why is he taking so many snapshots.  What does that white color mean, the red color, the green color??  Why do we do this to ourselves?  I was totally mentally exhausted by the time I got home.


Later in the evening, my daughter texted that not only the baby had strep, my daughter had fever, and her oldest son, too.  My middle grandson had strep last week and now they are falling like dominoes.  Everyone over at their house was a little stressed.  And you know my motto, a mother is only as happy as her least happy child.  Last night my daughter was extremely worried about her daughter and her breathing and screaming.  Naturally, I was, too.  Finally, about 1:00 p.m. everything calmed down a bit at their house and the baby was sleeping.  Over here at my house, not knowing exactly what was happening over there, I couldn't sleep.  Mothers are like that, they worry whether the child is a year old or 40 years old.  It is what we do.  I wouldn't have it any other way.     


Finally, the dawn came and my spirits lifted just a bit.  Time has a way of healing or helping most things.  We just have to wait it out.  The children are better.  Daughter is better, and I'm doing ok.  But it is time to rest.........a little nap never hurts. 


I love you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive