Thursday, September 17, 2015

The Old Farmall

Farmall looking at frontFarmall Side ViewFarmall Back View

We went to the Oklahoma State Fair today and right there in front of me was the old  Farmall HWhoa!! immediately sucked back to the 50s.  I learned to drive on a tractor just like this.  That’s the beauty of being a farm kid, you learn to drive ten years before the city kids.  I remember driving a tractor like this at 8 years old, maybe earlier; my brother at 6.  We’d do our best to keep those front two wheels between the row. 

I have to tell you, it really seemed a lot bigger back in the day.  No matter, it’s still huge for a 6 year old child.  Was it dangerous?  Yeah, probably it was.  You can take a look at the last photo and realize how open you were to moving parts, let alone those wheels. 

While I would be a little fearful of allowing my grandsons to drive one of these things at such a young age, I certainly am certainly glad I grew up on a farm………..and was allowed to drive that a Farmall.

I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive