Saturday, September 24, 2016

These Moments

Well another Saturday has come and gone.  It is just me or does it seem the days just fly by.  Soon my shopping will turn to Christmas, but today it turned to TRADER JOE'S.  In case you think I am going to write about Trader Joe's tonight, you are wrong.  No, a Trader Joe's story requires an entire post all its own.


Tonight I just want to tell you what a great day I have had.  It was a day of shopping with my daughter, but it was more than that.......it was moments, happy, sweet moments.  Home Goods was our first stop and we arrived as the store was opening at 9:30 which was a surprise to us.  We'd talked about what we would do for 30 minutes, but instead we walked right in and pretty much has the store to ourselves for 30 minutes.  We were able discuss and visualized every object without having a cart rammed into our heels to move on.


Then on to Trader Joe's, but I'm not going to go into detail yet........another post.......keep posted.


We went back to collect my little 2 1/2 year old granddaughter for a bit of furniture shopping.  Earlier in the day, that sweet girl had asked in her little girl voice if we were "going to take me".  She was so excited that we came back for her which made me excited, too.  Another moment.  So we ended our shopping day on a perfect note............the note of my granddaughter's happiness.


After I dropped my precious girls off, the radio was softly playing an old Eagles song, somehow perfect for my quiet ride home.  A time for me to reflect on the day, to remember how precious my family is, and to enjoy the twilight of a perfect day.  Another moment.


Every day won't be this perfect, but perhaps I can try a little harder to see that life is about these moments and what we make of them.  I am indeed grateful for these moments.


I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive