Monday, November 14, 2016

Craving Italian

Hello.  It is hot in Oklahoma.  How about where you live?  Tomorrow the temperature is suppose to be in the high 70s and 81 on Wednesday.  It sure doesn't make me think of Thanksgiving, but here it is!!!  People, we have about 10 days to get that coveted turkey.  Can you only imagine the chaos of grocery stores this weekend?  I think I will make my way there this week and keep that bird frozen until I thaw it.


For weeks now I have been in a culinary slump.  I can't think of a thing to fix for dinner, but yet, I keep gaining ounces a day which really translates to pounds.  UGH  So tonight (craving Italian) I thought I'd be creative using pre-made ingredients I found in the pantry.  I was feeling like Pioneer Woman.  Marinara over polenta just like the package recommended.  Well............it was a looser.  Oh, it wasn't quite as bad as I go-on.  Each ingredient on its own is pretty good, but the flavor of Trader Joe's Tomato Basil Marinara over Trader Joe's tube of polenta just didn't taste as good as each of one individually.  But the sautéed chicken was good.  Next time............


I loved the marinara even though the hubby said it wasn't the best he's ever had..........hey, he's a man.  What does he know.?


Memory:  We didn't have much Italian food when I was a kid, but mom could make a mean spaghetti with meat sauce using the old Kraft box.  Spaghetti, can of sauce, and a package of cheese.  What more do you need?  You'd open up that can and pour it over the cooked ground beef.  Pour that over cooked spaghetti, and top with that cheese in the silver envelope.  Remember that?  Was that box enough spaghetti for a family of seven?  I guess so because we sure didn't use two boxes.


I love you.  By the way, I am no Pioneer Woman.










   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive