Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Still, It's a Decent Day

It's been one of those days.  You ever have one of those days?  It's hard to put my finger on exactly what went wrong, not that everything went wrong. It's just that nothing went exactly as planned.  We sort of jumped off one train and on to another while in motion, but hey, we're still on the train.


As we going to take care of an unexpected task this afternoon, I told the hubby about the great new restaurant my friend and I tried yesterday.  I happened to still have the receipt in my purse so I was ecstatically reviewing the bill and exclaiming that our entrees were a total of $13.98.  That's a great value for lunch.  Then I started figuring the total including our drinks and immediately I noticed that I was overcharged $5.  Now, I am furious that my good deal has now turned out to be an overcharge and a frustration.  THEN after another review of the bill by a second pair of eyes, the hubby told me to take a look at the number 3 below the $13.  "Your entrees were $18.98 not $13.98."  Oh, yes!  Now it all makes sense.  The ink had not imprinted to the paper correctly.  In a matter of 60 seconds I had gone from being ecstatic, to feeling gypped, to feeling I gotten a delicious meal at decent price.


That's the way my day has been; ecstatic one minute, low another, and then realizing it is just one of those days but still, it's a decent day. 


I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive