Friday, September 22, 2017

He's One of the Good Guys

My hubby--he's one of the good guys.


Yesterday, the hubby and I went to the mall.  I had to pick up my wedding rings which were being repaired.  Wow, my engagement ring sparkled like a diamond, oh wait, it was a diamond.  I couldn't believe how pretty the set looked.  I kept admiring them all afternoon.


So.........being at the mall............we decided to take a look around since neither of us had been out there for months.  It was quite a treat and we both had a good time.  BUT I have to tell you going to the mall with my husband is NOT going to the mall with my daughter.  This is how it went with him and how it would go with my girl.


Hubby:  Man......what is that smell?  That stinks.  (This coming from a man who doesn't have the sense of smell anymore.)
Daughter:  Doesn't that smell wonderful, Mom?


Hubby:  Why are we going in Mrs. Sees?
Daughter:  Mom, let's get our free sample.


Hubby:  Hubby walks on by Pottery Barn not even noticing that I have stopped to window shop.
Daughter:  Mom, let's go in.


Hubby:  Why would they put tattered jeans in the window?
Daughter:  Look at those, aren't they cute?  Mom, you really should get you some.  We can find you some that are classic, but slightly tattered.


Hubby:  Nah, I don't want a frappe.
Daughter:  Mom, let's each get a different flavor and we can swap.


Hubby:  There are too many shoes in this store.  How do you weed through all this stuff?
Daughter:  I'm in shoe store heaven.


Hubby:  No, I'm not very hungry.  Let's split something at the food court.
Daughter:  Let's go to Pepperoni Grill and relax a bit.


Hubby:  I've seen all I need to see.
Daughter:  Mom, wouldn't it be fun to be locked in the mall overnight with all the stores open?


I love him, but he is not a girl.  He was sweet and let me browse around Williams-Sonoma for quite a while even admiring the new fall dinnerware and a new (to us anyway) brand of cast iron cookware called Staub.  Pretty stuff........you need to see it.  AND he insisted I buy a glass pumpkin at Pottery Barn that I was admiring.  HE'S ONE OF THE GOOD GUYS.


And happy fall, y'all. 


I love you.







1 comment:

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive