Thursday, April 7, 2011

Whoa Whoa Whoa!!

What is it about riding in a car that brings out profound statements? I suppose it is the fact that one is trapped in a slab of steel; no escaping. I personally feel free to confess, proclaim, dream aloud, or question anything that pops in my mind. After all, I have a captive audience. They have to listen to me, they just have to. That is just what happened today on the way to get groceries with my hubby. If you read yesterday's blog you remember that I had a skunk problem. I cleaned and cleaned yesterday knowing that I could not overcome that skunk smell in my house, but I could make sure everything else was in order. Perfect except for the odor. That was my second day to clean this week since Monday is my normal cleaning day. Then today I was expecting the stone fabricator to come calling so again I cleaned all over again hoping that my guest's nose would be filled with the smell of lemon scented Pledge and Pinesol (not to mention pleasant smells of candles, incense, and ionic sprays) rather that blasted SKUNK. My husband and I were just riding along silently which often is the best thing to do when one retires. Then my thoughts could not be contained and I just formed these words out loud, "I think I like having a clean house. I think I will clean every day. It makes me feel so good." "Whoa, whoa, whoa," my husband said as he jerked his head a 90-degree angle to look at me. "Whoosh, plop, was that the sound of pulling a head out?" I just totally cracked up. Seriously, I was laughing so hard I could hardly stay in my seat belt. This the man I married, the wise ---. He has an extremely dry sense of humor and I appreciate it more everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive