Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom

Verna Violet Thompson Dawkins was born September 7, 1918, to William and Arvie May Hobbs Thompson. She married Edgar Earl Dawkins, Jr., in Gainesville, TX, on February 10, 1948. I was her first child, followed by my brother, then my first sister, then a second sister, and finally my third sister.

Today, I have written and deleted everything I wanted to write about my mom on her birthday. Something keeps coming back to me.......she was a private, shy person. She would not want me to write a glowing essay in tribute to her. On a personal note, it is hard for me to write without becoming emotional.

So in lieu of a post about her tonight, I will just say I wish she was with us tonight so that I could say Happy Birthday Mom.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Mrs Dawkins, I know you are looking down on your lovely daughter and smiling. You raised a lovely, talented, and sweet woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just couldn't look on her birthday! Was an emotional day for me this year.

    ReplyDelete

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive