Monday, September 26, 2011

Vienna Sausage Cans

Do you have any Vienna sausage cans?  Well, neither do I.  I do, however, have tons of paper bags with handles and tons of those bags similar to those you can buy at grocery stores to be environmentally correct.

I have been cleaning closets and throwing away tons of stuff this last week, but what is the most hard for me to part with are my bags.  I have been saving them for sending objects of desire (junk) home with my daughter or son rather than plastic bags or grocery sacks.  In actuality the bags became my horded items.  I am not saying I could have qualified for the TV program, but I have enough bags to start a small boutique. 

Now you are probably wondering why I have a picture of Vienna sausage on this post.  When my Grandma Dawkins died, she had many dozens of these cans.  We all speculated as to why she would save these cans.  She didn't save other cans so what was so special about Vienna sausage cans?  I remember when the cans were not lined and that is about the time she started saving them.  I think she thought them just to nice to throw away. 

I am sure there are a lot of people out there who keep something that would seem trash to others.  So please don't judge me too harshly for saving my bags.  I couldn't throw them away today, but I have agreed to actually start using them.  The cute little Mickey Mouse bags from Disney World that I have saved since 1985 will be sent home with the boys with lots of Nana things in them.  I am trying - I am letting go of my Vienna sausage cans.

Today is Mrs. Tucker's birthday and my dad's birthday.  I would love to post something about each of them today, but as I said yesterday about Mrs. Tucker, it would be too emotional for me.  I miss them both so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive