Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Mercury Instead of Buick, but Same Scenario

Driving across OKC this morning, we noticed a Mercury drift over into the left lane, not too far, but enough that it took my breath away for their safety and ours.  The driver was using all of his lane and then some.  That is when I noticed the driver was wearing a ball cap and his white-haired passenger could barely see over the dash.  I started to choke up with the sudden recollection of my parents in their Buick, same scenario; ball cap and short white haired little lady.  At this point I teased my hubby that maybe we should run interference for them, protect them........you know drive behind them to let cars behind us know that the car might tend to drift. 

When we finally passed, I had to glance their way.  They had tugged at my heart, him with his cap and her with her white hair.  She was shaking her finger probably making a point just as my own mom would.  Did his cap read WWII Vet?       

We are loosing this generation.  They are good people.  There are still some of these folks around so when you see them, respect them, talk to them, go see them, love them.  Be especially patient with them when you see them on the roadway for there go my parents in their Buick. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive