Saturday, February 11, 2012

Let It Go, Louie

Have you ever been reading a book when a line just grab your attention.  Hubby especially has various lines from books that he quotes, and quotes them at the appropriate time.  How cool is that?!  How he remembers them is beyond me, but when I read a paragraph from "Whistlin' Dixie in a Nor'Easter by Lisa Patton I was stopped in my tracks.  Quoting, ...................... "The letdown in my gut, that extreme feeling of disappointment, told me I should probably put my mind on something else.  It was the kind of thing you had to flat forget about, or you might lose your mind."

Have you ever had something that was haunting you so badly that you had to put it out of your mind or you would lose it?  Over the last 60mmmmmmm years, there have been many, many moments....moments of silly embarrassment that haunt me if I think about them.  Then there are the moments when I acted inappropriately, moments where others had wronged me, moments when someone has wronged my family, moments when I opened my mouth when I should have kept it shut, moments when I left something unsaid when I should have spoken up.  Things that forever will haunt me if I think about them.

I read the lines from the book several times and even quoted them to my hubby.  They just seemed to fit what I had been feeling just that very day.  Sometimes we hurt so badly, we can't tell anyone about it, we can't even think about it.  God has already forgotten about them and so should I.  As my sister says to me, "Let it go, Louie".

I love you guys on this bitterly cold and to get colder day.       













   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive