Friday, February 3, 2012

Thundering

Here I set, right in front of my front room windows, listening to it thunder.  It hasn't thundered like this in such a long time.  I am so happy.  Never did I think that rain could make me so happy.  It reminds me of the many times my daddy would be on the front porch, one hand outstretched to the wrought-iron post...just watching the rain and the mist it made hitting the hot earth...just listening to it thunder. 

All this sweet delicious rain reminds me of the first year we moved to this house.  Hubby was gone on TDY and Mrs. Tucker had come to stay with me, to keep me company and help with my little ones.  It stormed!  Oh, how it stormed on the very first night he was gone.  I was alone.  Well, not alone, but I was the one responsible in my new house with my little babies, 4 and 1 years old.  Mrs Tucker was there sure, but I would have to be one to decide whether to hide under the bed with everyone huddled around me like a mother hen and her chicks.  It thundered like I have never heard.  I don't remember so much of the lightening, just the thunder.  It was so foreboding that I got up and it wasn't but a moment till Mrs. Tucker got up, too.  Surprisingly, the kids slept right through it.  Had Mrs. Tucker not gotten up, I would have thought I was just silly to be so scared.  Having her awake with me was both comforting and scary.  I knew that if she was concerned, her being in her seventies and very wise, then we surely were in a bad situation.  She even told me it was the loudest thunder she had ever heard.  We both wondered if it might be so loud due to the trees around us....maybe echoing.  But......as it has now..........the thunder let up...........all was well.........back to bed.  And a wonderful night was had by all.

Hubby recently asked me if I remembered when rain was a common occurrence and not an event.  Getting this rain has definitely lifted my spirits.  It is definitely a blessing and I can sure use some blessings.  And maybe a nap..........

I love you all.         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive