Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Do Not Save the Best Till Last

Eating my tomato tonight, I realized I was saving the best till last.  I was sorting and eating each slice according to how juicy and meaty it was, saving the best center slice till the last bite.  Remember Mom doing that?  She would save the best part of any food till her last bites.  She'd eat the cake and save the icing till last.  Cherries out of Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream would pile up till the last delicious cherry bite.  You get my point......almost every food has one bite that is better than the others.  Save it to last............maybe not.

Maybe you ought to question your strategy when your brother-in-law grabs the heart of your watermelon slice.  Yes, that happened to mom when she was first married and she told us that story many times.  She had eaten all around the heart of her watermelon, sorting through all the seeds until the heart was exposed and ready to eat.  My jokster uncle just walked by and grabbed it and it was gone!  In a flash, it was gone!  Down the gullet, it was gone!

The moral of the story is do not save the best till last.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive