Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Do You See the Doggy?

 I see a dog with fluffy ears.
Big dog at the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade.

Elephant.  Do you see it?

Have you noticed those big, billowy clouds the last few days?  I keep dreaming that they hold rain, but nar a drop......maybe tomorrow.

Back in the day, back on the farm, we longed for clouds such as these, especially when we were hoeing peanuts.  The shadows they produced were a welcome relief from the glaring hot rays of the sun, and those whip cream pillows brought day dreams of down pours that would send us scurrying to the house.  Anything to get out of work even if it meant giving up our dollar per hour job.....for that is what we got.......yep a dollar per hour.....and believe me, I thought it was a great deal of money.  If I worked 5 hours that would be $5.  Multiply that by 5 days and I would have $25, which in 1962 was a huge amount of money for a 13 year old.....and I got a tan.  If I could make $100 a summer, wow...think of all the clothes I could buy.

Memory:  You knew I'd have one, didn't you?  I have a vivid recollection of my brother, my oldest younger (got that?) sister, and me (around 8 years old) under a tree in the front yard (of the north place) watching clouds just like these.  Laying there on our backs with our hands behind our head, there was no limit to our imagination. 

If you get a chance, and especially if you have little ones in your life, make a point to play this little game.  They will have a great time with you.  Use your 8 year old imagination.  Do you see the doggy?

Wish I was back under that tree with my little brother and sister, knowing for sure that ALL was right with the world.  I love you.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive