Thursday, August 2, 2012

That's What Summer is Made Of

Little boys
 and popsicles
 and big boys with better popsicles
 and muddy water
 and just plain old mud
 and giggles
 and more giggles
and squirt guns full of muddy water
Yes, that's what summer is made of.

Remember the mud puddle that never seemed to drain at Grandma and Grandpa's house?  Remember being covered in that red mud?  Yep, you were all covered from head to toe and that is no exaggeration.  You were quite the sight!  That's what summer is made of.

None of these children will ever forget playing in the mud....neither will their mothers......and I know their grandmother never forgot.  I hope that my grandkids don't forget playing in the mud, I know their Nana sure won't.  That's what summer is made of. 

Another little memory is of my daughter and her cousin making mud pies and my sister discovering them in her refrigerator.  That's what summer is made of.

What can be more fun than mud?  Come on over and I will fill the little pool with mud and you can play all afternoon.  I won't charge you a dime.  That's what summer is made of.

My grandsons, my son, my daughter, and their cousins, thanks for knowing what summer is made of.   I love you ALL! 






2 comments:

  1. I remember that mud hole. Tara and I got covered in it one summer day

    ReplyDelete

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive