Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A Heart Lifting Day

Isn't it just amazing what a call or email from a friend can do to lift your spirits?  This morning I received an email from a friend that told me her worries about something specific had been lifted.  Things are going to work out for her and her family.  While my friend's problem didn't affect me specifically, my heart was immediately lifted.  Quite frankly, even though I had been praying, I did not know how much I had been concerned until I got this email.  If I felt this much elation, I can only imagine how much her heart has been lifted and how renewed she must be feeling tonight.

After reading the email, I suddenly had new energy.  I had to get busy.....to be productive.  So..............I painted some old, old outdoor furniture and immediately I received the gratification of watching that old brown wood turn into a glossy white.  In just a few strokes, something ugly and dingy is now pretty.....it was heart lifting.

Another heart lifting moment happened at 5:30 p.m., today, the 7th day of August, 2012.  Rain, oh blessed rain; thirty minutes of rain.  Did you see it?  Not all of Oklahoma did; however, our dear old five acres were soaking up blessed rain, and we gladly, greedily, took all 3/4 inch of it.  Every drop was precious.  It brought life back into the parched earth, but more importantly, it seemed to bring life back into our hearts.  The air is clean and cool tonight and brings back the assurance that eventually this too shall pass.  It is heart lifting.  And it makes me think of Daddy and how much rain at this time of year meant to the peanut crop.

I hope that your own heart has been lifted today; perhaps through an act of kindness, a friend's phone call, delight in the rain, a kiss of a child, or even watching the USA win a gold medal in the Olympics, or better yet, I hope that you were able to lift another's heart.     

I love you all.  Good night.



 

1 comment:

  1. thank you Regina, we feel like such a weight has been lifted! Love your posts, we were out running errands in the rain, it was wonderful! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive