Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Dip Cones

I think now is the time for a confession.  We have been out of town for a couple of weeks and while we were away we had......count 'em......three dip cones.  Now before you think me a pig, please note that we were on vacation and vacations negates any calorie consumption during said vacation, but you knew that.  So what better way to make our drive home a little more fun than to have just one more dip cone, and you know what?  We found a double dipper.  Now this woman knew how to make a dip cone.  In fact she was showing the teenage boy how to do it.  These young kids have no idea that if you let the first dip of chocolate harden, then you can redip to make a harder shell. 

Since the hubby was driving, he made sure the top of his cone was consumed before we left the parking lot.  Wouldn't want chocolate dripping all over the car while trying to drive.  Not me.  I was making that baby last for as long as possible.........and I found a way.  At the very edge of the chocolate, where the chocolate meets the cone, a tiny hole had formed and was leaking cold cream faster than I could lick it off.  I had a remedy for this little dilemma....just suck the cream from the hole.  While I was over in the passenger seat making my cone last for miles, my hubby who had finished his cone 10 miles back, looks over at me and says straight-faced, "I learned something today."  Thinking I was about to hear something very profound, I asked him what he had learned.  He says, "I learned what a pig sounds like when it sucks slop from the trough through a 5/8 inch steel pipe."  That is when I almost choked with laughter. 

I am starving!  Yes, my stomach feels like it has collapsed so I must be starving.  I need a dip cone and a 5/8 inch steel pipe.  That man makes me laugh even after 40 years.

I love you guys.                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive