Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Conventions

Have you been watching the Republican convention coverage?  Are you bored with the whole process?  As crazy as I may seem, I love watching the conventions, both Republican and Democratic.  It's on right now.  I can see you rolling your eyes right now.  I even like to hear the sometimes boring speeches whether I agree with the speaker or not.  I like watching the enthusiasm of the supporters for their candidates whether I am for their candidate or not.  I just like watching the election process.

But...........did you know at one time in the not so distant past, nobody knew who the candidate would be before the convention?  It was an exciting convention.  Usually there were a couple of candidates at the top of the heap, and the proponents of those candidates would seek out the delegates all week to try and sway votes for their candidate.  When the state roll call began, there was real excitement in the air.  One by one the states were called and then, only then, did we see the votes start piling up to put one candidate over the top. 

Now, don't you think that would be a more exciting convention than those today?  That is all I will have to say about any politics for the rest of the year.

I love you.  I will be back with a non-political post tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive