Wednesday, September 11, 2013

It Feels so Good to Hold You When I Cry

My youngest grandson is a new first grader, and as with most first graders starting the year, there are lots of new tasks and adventures put before him.  He is faced with new challenges; new friends, new books, new studies, and a new teacher. 

My little grandson is doing well; however, he has those moments at school when his mother comes to mind and his little eyes fill with tears.  He tries so hard to not let anyone see his emotional side so I am sure he keeps his head down to have his quiet moment, but he misses mommy, he says.

My daughter told me that one night last week, he was crying in bed.  She went to check on him and he grabbed her, held on tight and just let the tears flow.  This went on for several minutes before he sobbed and told her through tears "It feels so good to hold you when I cry".  He couldn't find a way with words to tell her what was wrong.  He was just sad.  My daughter had no words of wisdom....no magical words, but what she had was love.  She had that magical mother's love.  Instantly she gave him what he needed, not words, just his mommy's arms.

Out of the mouths of babes, huh?  How often have I wished for mom to hold me while I cried.  No judgment, no embarrassment. 

I feels so good just to hold you when I cry.

I love you.


1 comment:

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive