Tuesday, September 10, 2013

There's a Change in the Air

There's a change in the air.

Did you have an opportunity to go outside today?  If so, then you must have noticed a change.  The smell was different; a smell of summer coming to an end.  The air just felt different somehow.  The wind direction seemed neither from the East, West, North nor South, yet it was from every direction.  Even the heat felt different.  Oh it was hot, but it wasn't HOT.  It is that time of year when fall wants to give summer the boot, but summer holds fast.  Today my senses were being bombarded with the changes that are upon us.

There are no words that adequately describe what I want to say; how I want to describe this feeling; the change in the air.  When I stepped outside, wow.......memories nearly took my breath away.  Memories of dry grass crunching to dust; playing on a splintery teeter-totter.  The memory of the Prague High School band marching down the halls calling the students out of class to attend the pep rally on a hot Friday afternoon.  The memory of a school bus crowded with hot smelly kids heading home.  Memories of walking up the hill to wait on my children to walk home from school.  The memory of moving the pipes through the peanuts one last time.  The memory of eyeing the first red sumac leaves.  The memory of going to get the cows.  Memories of my children already discussing their Halloween costumes more than a month ago.   

Yes, a change is in the air and even though I had memories today, my life continues to go forward making room for new memories and lots of changes.

I love you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive