Sunday, September 8, 2013

Just a Mexican Chicken Soup Kind of Day

Have you bought one of Sam's Club Rotisserie chickens?  Every few weeks I buy one of these delicious chickens for dinner.  $4.88 for a huge chicken, hot and ready to serve.  I feel that it is a better alternative to fried chicken, but since I don't ever compare the two, nutrition-wise, I cannot back that up factually.  I remove the skin and only eat the white meat so I have this "feeling" that I am eating a healthy entrée.  Add a few roasted vegetables and half of a baked potato and you have a delicious meal. 

I can make this chicken last a couple more meals if I am lucky..........and assuming the grandson's aren't here to eat the "boned chicken".....their name for rotisserie chicken..........this is opposed to the only other chicken they know which is chicken nuggets.  You and I both know that nuggets for the most part are NOT chicken............as I remember.  I cannot remember when I last ate fried chicken.

Ok, the above was meal one.  On to Meal two:  Put leftover deboned chicken in crockpot and add green, chili enchilada sauce and other spices of liking.  Scoop a little into heated corn tortillas for a soft taco, add cheese, sour cream, onions, cilantro to your liking.  Or fill tortillas with mixture, roll up and add to casserole dish.  Cover with more green enchilada sauce.  Heat through.

Meal three:  Add potatoes and chicken stock to crockpot for a green chili chicken stew.

Meal four:  Add more chicken stock, rinsed black beans, a little corn, cumin to make a Mexican style soup.  Add some heated corn tortillas or crispy corns chips and a little cilantro and you have a most delicious soup that rivals any restaurant.

Just a Mexican Chicken Soup kind of day.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive