Saturday, September 6, 2014

I Miss Kay–I Miss Momma

370

A couple of days ago, my niece posted on Facebook that she missed her mom.  Now her mom is alive and well and is right across town unless she is on a business trip, but she still missed her.  I miss her mom, too.  She lives right across town from me, too, but we never see each other.  Oh maybe we see each other a couple times a year if one of us makes an effort, but not like we did when mom and dad were alive.  New Years, Easter, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, birthdays, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Labor Day, Memorial Day---these were all days where all the kids and most of the grandkids would probably be together because our common bond was momma and daddy.  Our common bond is gone.  Now, we each celebrate those holidays with our own individual families--never our paths to cross on most of those holidays. 


To all my extended family, I love you for posting Facebook pictures of all the good times you are still having with your parents, but I am just a tad jealous.   Cherish those times and let your siblings know how much they mean to you.  Time goes so quickly and then that sibling bond, while not broken, is certainly stretched. 
  
Yes, I miss Kay.  I miss Momma.  I miss them all.  First row: Rhonda is OU shirt, Mom, Kay.  Second row:  Regina, Robert.  Top row:  Brenda – taken Christmas 2003.  That is my family!!!!!  My adored family.


I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive