Monday, September 29, 2014

Just a Little Beat

Remember, kids, when daddy would hear a good song and he'd raise his index finger as if directing the music.  It wasn't long before he would raise his hand just a bit and you knew he was totally immersed in the beat. 


Well, last night the gentleman setting beside me at the Tommy Emmanuel concert did exactly the same thing, just like daddy did.  You could tell he was thoroughly enjoying the concert, but at the same time, with just a lifted finger and now and again his hand, you knew he was slightly embarrassed to be demonstrating his love of the music.


I don't know where all my family (not me, of course) gets their musical talent, but I suspect it was Grandpa Dawkins for he played the mandolin.  One thing I remember about Grandma was her love of music, too.  She told me she could tell if someone was enjoying the music because they would tap their feet to the beat, and if not their feet, their hands were moving. 


So last night we were all enjoying the music.  Feet were tapping, fingers were moving, hands were clapping..............all to the beat.  And with Tommy singing "I Still Can't Say Goodbye" and the man moving his finger and then his hand.....................well it brought back lots of memories............of daddy.  Just a little beat...............


Here is a rendition of the song by Chet Atkins.  You might shed a tear.


https://www.google.com/#q=chet+atkins+i+still+can't+say+goodbye






I love you.
I wrote a blog post similar to this several years ago.  I hope you can access this.
  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=4357230006685238784#editor/target=post;postID=1738699947036538280;onPublishedMenu=allposts;onClosedMenu=allposts;postNum=400;src=postname



No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive