Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Sometimes Happiness is Finding a Slice of Bacon Still on the Plate

Happiness is finding a half slice of bacon still on my plate!  Just when I thought my breakfast was over, I see this bacon.  Oh JOY!!  I love bacon.  Most of you know that I normally don't eat regular pork bacon.  Godshall's Turkey Bacon found at Sam's Clubs is my mainstay--the healthiest bad choice for me.  But ever since the reports came out about processed meats; i.e. BACON, I have craved the BAD/GOOD BACON, the good ole hickory smoked grease saturated bacon.  I had some BAD/GOOD BACON in the freezer so I decided to treat myself and thumb my nose at the reports.  Also, I needed to get the BAD/GOOD BACON out of the freezer..............and what better way to rid the freezer of BAD/GOOD BACON than to eat it.  (It is time to empty the freezer before the holidays.....so yes, I do that.) 


So this morning I had not one, but two slices of THICK hickory smoked bacon (Wright's from Sam's is the BEST) sliced in half to better fit the pan.........making four smaller slices.  I had just finished the last sip of my coffee (which my doctor recommended cutting down--man they're taking away all the good stuff) and lo and behold there was that last half slice of bacon still on my plate.  Oh Joy!  Sometimes happiness is finding a half slice of bacon still on the plate. 


I hope you have a happy day and can find a slice of bacon on your plate.  It's all about these moments.  (And by the way, I did use a paper towel to squeeze as much grease out as possible.)


I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive