Saturday, October 31, 2015

No Shoes Today

Good evening everybody.  Here it is, Halloween night and nary a ghost or goblin in sight. 


So instead of writing about all the goblins at my front door, I will talk about shoes instead.  I went to the mall today knowing before I left home that I would bring home a pair of shoes.  I was willing to spend almost any amount of my hard earned dollars for a pair of shoes that would NOT hurt my feet. 


Well, here it is 8:15 p.m. and I do NOT have a new pair of shoes.  I think I know the reason(s) why.  My feet hurt, they always hurt, and I haven't bought a pair of shoes that didn't hurt some part of my foot.  It doesn't matter how much I have paid, some area of at least one foot will be uncomfortable.  Also, I am TOO particular.  The shoes must be a particular color.  They must be a style that is cute and sexy.  They must be comfortable (as comfortable as my feet can stand).  They must NOT be grandma shoes.    


So here I set, no 'trick or treaters' and no shoes.  Ugh.  And I really need a new pair of shoes or perhaps a cute pair of ankle boots. 


I am beginning to think I may have to adjust my thinking.  Maybe I need to realize I am a 67 year old woman and not a 27 year old chick.  Maybe I should take out the word "sexy" in my requirement for a stylish shoe.  Or maybe I will try one more shopping trip.  I am sure there is a pair of shoes for me.  Oh shoes, why hast thou forsaken me?


I love you.



1 comment:

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive