Tuesday, October 20, 2015

You Might Recognize Your Mother in Yourself

Good morning everyone.  I have been looking at Facebook and I have noticed a lot of beautiful girls out there; granddaughters of friends, friends of friends, etc.  One thing I have noticed is these lovely young women, dare I say beautiful young women, resemble their mothers and even their grandmothers.  These young women probably don't want to hear that, but they do. 


When these young girls look at their mother's or grandmother's youthful pictures, I am sure they don't see the resemblance.  Here's what we/they tend to forget.  We didn't have all the helpful hints that the girls use today.  For instance, we were lucky if we had a tube of lipstick, one black mascara, one color of eye shadow.......not a pallet of colors, and maybe a little blush.  That's it.  Back in the day, there wasn't special makeup to cover blemishes, blotches, and dark under eye circles the way they do today.  We didn't color our hair and if we did, it was from a box from the drugstore....not high lights at the salon.  And NOBODY ever got a manicure AND we had never even heard of a pedicure.....who'd let anybody touch their toes???  We didn't know that we should put a hand on our hip to make us look slimmer.  We didn't know to pout our lips in a seductive way.  We didn't know to tilt our heads at a certain angle to make our faces look slimmer.  Nobody ever heard of photo shopping the picture to take inches off our hips and thighs.  We certainly didn't have the privilege of taking 88 photos in order to select the one that could make a magazine cover. 


I'm not saying these girls are all photo shopped, but they certainly have advantages that my generation did not have.  Good????  I wonder.....  Maybe not.  My opinion:  They, and I will include me, too, have all become very vain.  Seems somehow sad to me.  It's all about the glamor.........


So lovely gals, if you take off the makeup, go with your natural hair, look straight into the camera, put your elbow down, and smile, you might recognize your mother in yourself.


I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive