Wednesday, October 7, 2015

I Don't Put Tomato Juice Up My Nose

Good day everyone.  I don't put tomato juice up my nose.  Huh??  Let me tell you, but first I must tell you about our day.


Today, we (he--I'm not old yet) survived another "old people" surgery.  Yes, today the hubby had a cataract removed from his right eye.......not a biggie, but a first for us (him) so we were just a tad tense.  I had to stay in the lobby until they had him all prepped which seemed to take for-EVER.  Finally they brought me back and it was all I could do not to laugh.  Pulling back that curtain and seeing all his loveliness; one eye dilated the other not, fitted with a lovely paper gown with matching bonnet and booties, forehead tattooed with his doctor's initials--just in case they forget which eye, IVs going every which way, it was hard not to just double over giggling.  But no, I held it all inside...this is serious knife stuff.


We just made small talk as he waited to go back for surgery.  It finally came to us that the last time we were at this center, some 25 miles from home, was when he first had his sinus surgery.


That discussion led to this. 
He:  I haven't had a sinus problem since I started boiling the water (well water) for my irrigator."
Me:  Maybe we shouldn't be drinking it.
He says quite seriously:  Not the same at all.  I don't put tomato juice up my nose, but I drink it.
That's when I lost it.  I laughed out loud.  Imagine this old man bundled up in his paper gown and his cute little bonnet, one eye dilated, the other not, tattooed forehead saying "I don't put tomato juice up my nose, but I drink it." 


We both were giggling like teenagers.  What a tension reliever.........we both needed it.  "I don't put tomato juice up nose."  Nope, Johnny, I don't put tomato juice up my nose, either. 


That man has a great sense of humor.


I love you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive