Monday, October 12, 2015

Our Little Owl Story

I don't often get a call from the hubby when he takes the dog out for his 10:30 run.  In fact, I have never gotten a phone call from him when he takes the dog out.  It has only been in the last year, that I have convinced him that he should even take the phone with him.  Well you can imagine what I thought when I saw his number come up on the TV (oh these smart TVs are actually smart).  But nothing was amiss.  He just wanted me to come out to see the owl in the tree.  I stealthy opened the front door and he directed me to the perfect spot for OWL viewing........the biggest owl he'd ever seen.  It had flown directly over his head and landed on a branch in the front yard.  Only thing is, it had also stealthy moved on.  No owl.  Oh, too bad.  Back to the house I go.


Just a couple minutes later, he called again.  "I'll be right out."  Again, he positioned me just so before turning on the flashlight to shine on the owl.  This time that beauty was perched high in the tree and looking right into the bright light.  Oh what a majestic bird.  We stood there and just stared and marveled that we get to live where we see all these creatures.........including the fastest running opossum I have ever seen.  Yep, the guy was traveling at full speed across the driveway when we pulled in tonight. 


I love the farm where I grew up, but I live in a wonderful place TODAY.  It is home....not that homestead of years ago.  This is home.  Sometimes I take things for granted.  Sometimes I lament that things are not perfect.  Sometimes I want things different or want to make a change.  Sometimes I forget my blessings.  Seeing that owl tonight seemed to be some sort of awakening for me.............I really do have it all.  So that's our little owl story. 


I love you.
When we came back in we looked up owls and discovered that huge bird we saw is called a Barred Owl.  My, oh my, he was a stately looking animal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive