Sunday, October 21, 2018

70 Brain Drains






Recently, I turned 70 years old and for the first two weeks in October I was under the weather.  At the beginning of the month, it was my plan to give you 70 things that mean absolute nothing.  Just 70 things that I kind of call my brain drain.  Nothing serious here.  So here are a few of my 70 things that I will add to so they will add up to 70.  Understand????  Me, neither...........part of the brain drain.


1.  Just because you are sick for a few days doesn't mean that you are down for the count.  It is easy to get into the "oh woe is me" mode..........but here to say, I'm back.


2.  Flatware placement in this order.  Left to right, salad fork, dinner fork......right of the plate should be the steak knife (if required), dinner knife (both with sharper side of the knives toward the plate), then the small spoon.  My granddaughter placed her flatware that way at the restaurant last night and told me that was the way you do it.  One proud grandma.


3.  PBS has great programming.  Sunday night is my favorite, i.e. "The Durrells in Corfu". 


4.  It's autumn..........take a look around!


5.  Leave the polish off your toes during the winter........let those puppies breathe.


6.  Have you found your talent?  One thing I have learned is that not everyone has a talent of one of the arts..............but that doesn't mean you can't just be nice.  I'm trying to develop and hone this skill, and honestly I truly do believe being nice is a learned skill. 


7.  I'm not a great housekeeper, but that, too, I am try to hone......otherwise known as getting up when I'd rather set on the couch and wait for bedtime.


8.  I'm not going to win the lottery, but I buy tickets every once in a while.  A girl's gotta dream.......and I dream big!  Oh yeah, I'm got a whole list of people I am going to help.


9.  My husband falls asleep with his tablet in his hand and it falls on the couch waking him.  Then the whole process starts again.  He probably does this 15 times before he actually puts the tablet down and gets comfortable in his recliner for his nap.  It is the funniest thing.


10.  I don't understand ripped jeans being a fashion.  I just don't get it.  Shaking my head, I just don't get it.


See you tomorrow maybe with some more brain drain.


I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive