Friday, October 26, 2018

Brain Drain Part 4

31.  "We should have brought a change of clothes and then we could have gone back through the line," he said.  I almost choked on my sample.  I laughed and laughed.  He loves teasing me because I love to try samples at Sam's Club.  His humor is one of his greatest lovable assets.


32.  Don't tell Blaine, but we are not going to watch the World Series.


33.  I want to see my sisters.  One is across town, one is in Branson at the moment, and one is in Mississippi, and honorary sister is in Coweta.  Probably could count on NOT seeing them any time soon.


34.  Do you make candy at Christmas time?  I used to make a lot of different recipes each year, but for the last five years not so much.  One batch of fudge and some caramel popcorn.


35.  I hate watching Mecum car auction so why do we have it on tonight?  Perhaps it is because dear hubby brought me a dish of ice cream topped with whipped cream and pecans...........yeah, he can watch whatever he wants.


36.  I threw my back out this morning and all I was doing was getting out of the chair to get myself another cup of coffee.  Two Aleve and one muscle relaxer later, and I was ready to shop again.


37.   I found the cutest simple little Christmas décor at Walmart today.  Isn't it cute?  Just a little plastic 7" animated piano that plays three tunes and it was less than $10.  Surprisingly, it really sounds like a recorded piano.  I'm going to have fun just pressing the play button throughout the holidays.  I will have my own little pianist.  The link will open when you click on Christmas décor above.


38.  Brown beans--do you like them?  I love them especially the way I make them.  I do NOT soak.  I sort and wash them, add them to the pot and cover with a couple inches of water.  As the beans cook they will swell and the longer they cook the water will be absorbed and the bean broth will get thicker and thicker.  You will need to add water as they cook.  But remember the longer they cook, the darker the broth will become.  Add any flavorings you like; ham, sausages, onions, jalapenos, etc.


39.  I follow several decorators on Instagram.  One thing I have noticed is how clean their houses are............I don't think I can ever achieve that cleanliness.  I am quite comfortable with the lived in look.


40.  Don't be afraid to open the door for someone including men.  I call that just being nice.


41.  Today at Walmart I had 10 things in my cart which I thought were cute.  I had these things in my cart long enough to realize that I was, indeed, impulse buying.  I took the time to take those things back to their rightful shelf and left feeling like I did the right thing.


42.  My daughter..........she came after me to do a little shopping around noon.........after I was feeling better from my back incident.  I love our time together and she makes me happy.  Bringing along her daughter just fills me with pride.


43.  Clowns--don't like them.  Don't like a happy clown.  Don't like a sad clown.  Don't like a scary clown.  NO CLOWNS FOR ME.  In fact, they might be in the running with snakes and my scariest things.


44.  Do you read books on your tablets?  I have, but I much prefer turning the pages of a real book.


45.  I find that the older I get, the more I love going to bed early.  I think I am turning into my parents.  Hubby, however, still stays up till 12:30 or 1:00 every night so I guess it really isn't an age thing.  I'm getting sleepy.......Oh, I guess it's okay to go to bed now...........10:04 p.m.


46.  My 14 year-old grandson is growing up!  He has muscles of a man!  I am not a fan of that look, but oh my............stop...........  I still haven't given up on my image of him as a baby.


47.  I subscribe to several magazines.  That's not so bad, but what is bad is I don't read them. 


48.  Coming up with 70 brain drains is harder than I thought.


49.  I ordered flameless candles yesterday.  I feel like the glow of a candle warms the house so I look forward to decorating with these. 


50.  One of my pet peeves is when my family members washes their hands in my kitchen sink before coming to the table.  Yep, a pet peeve that I try to divert by sending them to the bathroom.


Night night all.


I love you all.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive