Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Brain Drain Part 5

51.  Can you believe tomorrow is Halloween?  No need to buy candy for the goblins.  They don't come down our street anymore.  Sadly, I miss those days of neighborhood kids arriving at our door with giggles and outstretched bags as they say in unison "Trick or Treat". 


52.  Today, today, today...........was a beautiful day in Oklahoma although the wind came up.


53.  Yes, today was beautiful, but we spent a great deal of time in the medical waiting rooms.  But aren't we blessed to have such medical tests?


54.  Don't eat ham if your tongue is sensitive.  Just saying.......salt!


55.  Fall, no doubt to me, is the prettiest time of the year.  Everything turns is golden.


56.  Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume smells lovely.  I got a bottle from Angie.  My daughter gave me a lovely tie/scarf which I adore, and some cute earrings.  My hubby gave me some Mrs. Sees candy and a beautiful emerald locket. 


57.  My brother and his wife gave me a lovely dinner party with family on my 70th birthday.  I think I had the best time I've ever had.  Birthdays are not a big deal to my family so having someone make over me with extra special. 


58.  Wear good shoes!  If you have feet problems, don't buy shoes that will end up making your feet hurt.  That means heels may not be your best friend despite the celebrities who wear them.


59.  And please don't let celebrities sway your own personal opinion about an issue.  You have a mind, use it.  Read...........investigate............and realize not everyone, especially celebrities, have your best interest at heart.


60.  I want wood or fake wood floors.  I am probably not going to invest in them, but I love the look in magazines of lovely homes with wood floors.  Guess I will stick to tried and true.........and comfortable.............carpets.


61.  It's almost time to start decorating for Christmas..........well......another month.  I would love to turn on the lights Thanksgiving night.....maybe we can light some.


62.  Pink.  Have you noticed the pink tones this year?  Rose gold, rose, soft pink hues.  I just love them and I find that tops in a pink color make me feel pretty.  I look in the mirror and feel feminine, soft, and I am just going to say it, pretty. 


63.  Listening to music in the evening, hubby on one of the couch, me on the other......perfection.  Soon we will be replacing music with black and white Christmas movies.  "It Happened on Fifth Avenue" is our lead off movie.  I just love that sweet movie.  Give it a try.


64.  Linda Ronstadt is singing "I've Got a Crush on You".  Remember how popular and current she was.  1975--time marches on.


65.  If you are feeling the least bit cold, down, sick, or otherwise miserable, take a hot bath.  If you don't have a hot tub, this is the next best thing.  Always makes me feel better. 


66.  My feet are cold.  I feel the need for a hot bath.


67.  Mom and Dad.  This time of the year is the time I miss my parents most.  Those peanut harvests, the smell of the earth, the clean crisp air, the golden leaves, and the thought of upcoming holidays to celebrate the harvest..........it becomes to much for me and my memories fall with teardrops from my eyes.  So much love.


68.  My grandchildren mean the most to me.  Three lovely kids, two boys and a girl.  I am so blessed with the love from them.


69.  I couldn't come to the end the list of 70 things without talking about my son and my daughter.  They are my LIFE.  I think back over their years living under my roof and realize those were the best years of my life.  Having them at our feet as they watch TV with us, the dinner table conversations, the school activities; it all makes for a perfect life.


70.  My hubby will end my list of 70 things.  When I think about how much he has done for me personally, it is overwhelming.  His sense of humor was what drew me to him in the first place and it still does.  He makes me laugh.  My love for him grows stronger with each passing day.


Well, that is all I have.  My mind is drained, but tomorrow, Lord willing, I am going to fill it up again.  I am going to make the rest of my 70th year as good as I can.  I am going to find things to be thankful for rather than counting sorrows.  I am going to fill my life with things that make me happy.  I am going to try to be a blessing to someone every day. 


I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive