Thursday, November 1, 2012

1 November 2012–Blessing

I have been so blessed over these years, and I admit that more often than not, I take these blessing for granted.  Early yesterday morning I went to the garage to weigh as I do every morning.  Yes, the scales are in the garage….not very decorative.  Of course I have go out there without shoes since every ounce must be accounted for.  Man, that concrete floor was so cold and I was chilled when I stepped back into the dark kitchen.  The house was so warm and the gentle, soft humming of the heater and so comforting.  This is my home.  I was overcome with a blessed feeling; I have a warm home…………something I almost never even think about it.  God has been good to us. 

But while watching the national news tonight, I was overtaken with emotion. The tears flowed silently as the TV cameras scanned the devastation on our northeastern seaboard. Many people have lost everything: power, gas, food, and shelter, even family members did not survive that storm.  Tomorrow morning they will not hear the soft hum of their heaters.  They have my prayers tonight.

Since this is November 2012, many bloggers and Facebook friends are taking the challenge of posting something daily for which they are thankful.  I am not going to promise a post every night about my blessings, but please know that my plan is to be thankful for something everyday this month whether I post it or not. 

Tonight I am thankful for the soft humming of my heater; shelter.  My prayers are with those without even a place to sleep tonight.  Take some time, maybe in the middle of a cold night to notice the humming of your heater.  You, too, are blessed.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive