Monday, November 5, 2012

Do You Plan Your Trips Around Target?

Good evening everybody.

Well, I am doing something I have never done before.  I am on my way to see my baby in Mississippi all by myself.  Yep, this daring young woman (yeah right) has struck out on her own……………….10 hours from home.  I have traveled to Shreveport (Barksdale AFB) by myself, but never any further than a 6 hour trip from Blackjack Ridge Road.

As I was backing out of the garage early this morning, my hubby leaned into the car to ask which route I was taking.  I told him I was going through Dallas because Monroe, LA, my overnight stopping point had a Target.  You see for the last two weeks he has watched me agonize over the two best routes about 4 dozen times, extolling the virtues of each route over and over.  Just where was I going to spend the night if I got tired…………??  Pine Bluff didn’t have much to offer in the way of shopping, but was the quicker route or so it seemed to me, but there were many miles between those small southeastern Arkansas towns.  It wasn’t until this morning that I finally asked Siri using my iPhone if there was a Target in Pine Bluff………… and sadly she said no.   So when the hubby leaned in my answer was firm……….I was going to Target, Monroe, LA.

So here I am setting in a huge king size bed (and why do king size beds in hotel rooms seem bigger than the king size bed at home?) in Monroe, LA, eating Target popcorn. I am pretty cozy getting ready to watch Dancing With the Stars and reading my new book.  Got my new bottles of nail polish and have already tried out my new lipstick.  Target is so good!

Thankful…………..Oh, I am so thankful and full of gratitude for the safe journey God has provided me today.  Thank you Lord for traveling graces.

I love you.  Doesn’t everyone plan their trips around the closes Target? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive