Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Refreshing......That's What It Is

Refreshing.....that is what it is.  Yes, a trip to the garage is refreshing.  I am sure you are laughing at me already, but you know you want to know what I am talking about, don't you?  I guess when one retires, one becomes more aware of things; more aware of the blessings of life, even the smallest. 

Now.  Let me tell you why a trip to the garage is a blessing.  It seems that the month of December finds me in the kitchen a lot, either cooking, baking, decorating, or wrapping.  Throughout the day, I will have to make a trip to the garage........to get something out of the freezer............to get extra paper towels...........to get the extra pound of chocolates I have hidden.............to get in the attic.............the list just goes on and on.  The cool air just feels so good after the stale air of the kitchen.   

For the last several years, every time I go to the garage especially in the winter, I think of people in New York City.  I know I am crazy!  Next question!  Let me explain.  I just wonder if those apartment dwellers, the inner city folks, ever long for a breath of fresh air.  So many are held hostage in their little apartments; windows sealed shut; people afraid of their neighbors, shut away from the world at this very moment.

Yes, I am blessed.  I have space.  I have a garage.  I have someplace to go when I don't want to go out in the elements.  Yes, I am blessed.

I still remember walking out of Tinker at the end of the day, those cloudy, snowy cold days.  The air felt so good.  It was definitely cold, but compared to the stale air shared with thousands inside that building, it was a breath of welcome air.  ---- This reminds me of the wonderful feeling that I always felt on the last day of work before Christmas, running across the parking, arm in arm with my hubby, laughing and excited about the next few days............Christmas.............away from Tinker.

Refreshing.......that's what it is!

I love you!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive