Monday, November 26, 2012

The Poncho

 
1973
 
Oh okay, 2012.  Let's hope I didn't look like this bad in my 20s.
I have saved this old poncho for almost 40 years.
Last Saturday we were going for breakfast and I when I went to get a coat,
I noticed this old poncho.  Thinking that ponchos have sort of made
a resurgence, I thought why not.  Why not wear it? 
It is like wearing a warm blanket.
And would you believe I got two compliments on it and both from girls in their 20s?
 
What do you think?
1.  Is it too old-fashioned?
2.  Don't you think the fabric and colors still look fresh?
3.  Am I too old to wear this again (if it is fashionable)?
 
I might be a hoarder, but only of things that really mean something to me. 
 
This was bought in a little shop in Taos, NM, in 1973.  I loved this poncho, but
since I paid more money than I had sense back then, I saved it back.
  Now I wonder why.  I should have worn it out in the 70s.
 
Shawna, now you know the story behind the poncho. 

 
If you notice a turquoise poncho around Midwest City this winter, take a close look.  It might be me.
And by the way, I am serious with the questions and I will not be hurt if you tell me never to wear it again.
 
I love you!!!

1 comment:

  1. I have to say I like it! It looks good on you. Congrats on the comments. I have one that Brooke gave me but it is just a cream one. so in style again!

    ReplyDelete

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive